Laminate Flooring Care
Laminate Flooring Basic Cleaning:
Use only soap free cleaners.
Remove loose dirt with a dust mop or a gentle vacuum without a beater bar.
Wipe up spills right away.
Use a quality laminate floor cleaner – be sure to follow the directions on the bottle.
Dust or vacuum more often in problem spots and areas with a lot of foot traffic.
Use only cleaners that are designated for laminate flooring and BE CAREFUL NOT TO SATURATE THE FLOOR WITH THE CLEANER AS IT COULD CAUSE DAMAGE. Try the cleaner in a small inconspicuous area first.
**Do not clean using EXCESSIVE WATER AS IT COULD CAUSE YOUR FLOORING TO BUCKLE OR SEPARATE.
Certain cleaners can scratch the surface of your laminate flooring, such as steel wool or scouring powders. Do not use them to clean your flooring.
Liquids that stand on your flooring can cause damage.
NEVER USE WAX OR POLISH ON YOUR FLOORING.
Stain & Spot Removal Tips:
1. Remove wet spills immediately.
2. Wipe the floor with a warm moist cloth.
3. More stubborn dirt can be removed using a slightly moist mop and gentle cleaner designed for laminate flooring.
4. For substances that may stick to your floor, try to harden the spot with ice and gently remove with a dull plastic scraper. Be sure not to apply too much pressure as this could damage the floor’s finish.
5. Always follow manufacturer recommendations.